American Experience; Nixon; Johnson speech, Stonewall Rodeo Arena, 1964
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Outlines alternative paths of action, says we are just furnishing advice and giving them trained counselors, have lost only 200 men to date, not planning to enlarge war, restraint (89'). In Stonewall Rodeo Arena
- American Experience
- Program Number
Johnson speech, Stonewall Rodeo Arena, 1964
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Vietnam (Democratic Republic)
- Vietnamese reunification question (1954-1976)
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Politics and war
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Military assistance, American
- Escalation (Military science)
- United States--Politics and government
- Stonewall, TX
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Johnson speech, Stonewall Rodeo Arena, 1964,” 01/01/1964, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 17, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD3D5FDAAA46492EA3ADCCBF61A05373.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Johnson speech, Stonewall Rodeo Arena, 1964.” 01/01/1964. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 17, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD3D5FDAAA46492EA3ADCCBF61A05373>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Johnson speech, Stonewall Rodeo Arena, 1964. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD3D5FDAAA46492EA3ADCCBF61A05373