Evening Compass, The; Evening Compass (9/10/1975)
Ten O'clock News Tape 1474
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening Compass, The
- Evening Compass (9/10/1975)
- Series Description
Premiered January 1974
The Evening Compass was a half-hour program airing Monday - Friday at 7 pm, repeated at 10:30. With co-anchormen Ed Baumeister and Louis Lyons, its purpose was to interpret news already reported elsewhere and to recognize, report and interpret news not reported elsewhere. Compass Specials were occasional broadcasts at other times that usually covered actual events as opportunities and resources permitted. Evening Compass incorporated the staff of Louis Lyons/News and Comment and The Reporters.
See Prime Time January and February 1974 for cover stories. Series release date: 1/2/1974
- Program Description
Ed Baumeister reports on summary of day's events relative to the busing issue in Boston; Pam Bullard reports on school enrollment trends; the Lee School; Donovan Moore reports on law enforcement; Gary Griffith reports on South Boston; Paul deGive reports on media reporting on incidents in Charlestown; Pam Bullard reports on the Lee School.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Stuart, Charles (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening Compass, The; Evening Compass (9/10/1975),” 09/10/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD0B431E877748BFBC2DF23CD001C6DF.
- MLA: “Evening Compass, The; Evening Compass (9/10/1975).” 09/10/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD0B431E877748BFBC2DF23CD001C6DF>.
- APA: Evening Compass, The; Evening Compass (9/10/1975). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BD0B431E877748BFBC2DF23CD001C6DF