Arthur; Arthur Makes A Movie; Go To Your Room, D.W.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Makes A Movie; Go To Your Room, D.W.
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Makes a Movie: Too young to see a real "James Hound" movie, the kids decide they'll make a film of their own. With Muffy directing and Arthur playing the dashing, urbane hero, how bad could it be? Hmmm--don't answer that.
Go To Your Room, D.W.: Poor D.W. How would YOU like to be four years old and completely misunderstood by your parents? And then be sent to your room for ten whole minutes?? The indignity of it all!! Those long, dragging minutes give D.W. a chance to re-live her tragic childhood and plan a fool-proof means of escape.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Makes A Movie; Go To Your Room, D.W.,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCF3E011F73D4C029B6A85E674B1545B.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Makes A Movie; Go To Your Room, D.W..” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCF3E011F73D4C029B6A85E674B1545B>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Makes A Movie; Go To Your Room, D.W.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCF3E011F73D4C029B6A85E674B1545B