Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tasmania: The Next Culinary Frontier
Tasmania: The Next Culinary Frontier Letterbox
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Tasmania: The Next Culinary Frontier
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
With its rich volcanic soils, clean air, and pristine waters, the island of Tasmania, off the southeast coast of Australia, is quickly becoming a food utopia. Visit Tasmania’s first Wagyu beef ranch, where cattle roam lush seaside pastures to produce some of the world’s highest-quality beef. Meet a truffle expert who took a gamble on Tasmania’s climate and won when he became the only person in the past century to grow truffles in Australia. Then head out to a smokehouse located in an organic apple orchard. Back in the Gourmet test kitchen, food editor Paul Grimes prepares a recipe for Mediterranean Lamb Salad, a dish made from an interesting cut of meat he discovered in Tasmania.
RECIPE Mediterranean Lamb Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tasmania: The Next Culinary Frontier,” 02/12/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCC6D39CF6154E8CA17C29F53A464C99.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tasmania: The Next Culinary Frontier.” 02/12/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCC6D39CF6154E8CA17C29F53A464C99>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tasmania: The Next Culinary Frontier. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCC6D39CF6154E8CA17C29F53A464C99