Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Peace Corps, The: What Shape Shall it Take?
Clean clear audio on this copy of program.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt
- Peace Corps, The: What Shape Shall it Take?
- Program Number
- Series Description
Roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs featuring leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. Series was hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt and was filmed on location at Brandies University. Series release date: 1959
- Program Description
Guests: President John F. Kennedy.
Program opens with a ten minute segment in which President Kennedy is interviewed one-on-one by Eleanor Roosevelt, discussing the advent of the Peace Corps. The opening segment was recorded at the White House in Washington, DC on 3/5/1961, the day the President issued the executive order creating the Peace Corps.
Balance of program was recorded in WTTG Studios in Washington, DC. Eleanor Roosevelt moderates, guests: Senator Humbert Humphrey, (D, Minnesota) chief supporter of legislation for the permanence and expansion of the Peace Corps, Chairman of Disarmament Subcommittee of Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Professor Samuel Hays, author of The Peace Corps Task Force Report, requested by President Kennedy, and a social scientist in the Department of Economics, at the University of Michigan. Senteca Kajubi, from Makerere College,University of East Africa in Uganda, which will receive the first group of Peace Corps teachers, presently at the University of Chicago; R. Sargent Shriver, Chairman of Chicago Board of Education, and newly named Director of the Peace Corps.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Public Affairs
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Peace Corps, The: What Shape Shall it Take?,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 28, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCA3D4EBC9764957A714A2384E3342CF.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Peace Corps, The: What Shape Shall it Take?.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 28, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCA3D4EBC9764957A714A2384E3342CF>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Peace Corps, The: What Shape Shall it Take?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCA3D4EBC9764957A714A2384E3342CF