Arthur; D.W.'s Deer Friend; Buster Hits The Books
WGBH EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W.'s Deer Friend; Buster Hits The Books
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W.'s Deer Friend: The Reads go on a camping trip, and D.W. wants to bring a little bit of nature back home--a rather large deer named Walter!
Buster Hits The Books: Somehow, Buster has managed to get through school without ever reading a book. But now the pressure's on--he's got just one week to finish a whole, entire book--with CHAPTERS!-- and write about it! Will he live to tell the tale?
Interstitial A girl who loves primates tells us about them as we visit Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W.'s Deer Friend; Buster Hits The Books,” 03/09/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC73B364CA3F4668AE3A5BDADCF1E774.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W.'s Deer Friend; Buster Hits The Books.” 03/09/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC73B364CA3F4668AE3A5BDADCF1E774>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W.'s Deer Friend; Buster Hits The Books. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC73B364CA3F4668AE3A5BDADCF1E774