Ten O'Clock News; A day in the budget debate
Housing activists go to Massachusetts House Ways and Means Chairman Thomas Finneran's office to 'evict' him because of his budget proposal. The protesters are arrested. Human service advocates and religious leaders also hold separate protests. The house is debating local aid and tax increases. Rep. Thomas Finneran talks about his budget in the House Chambers. Interviews with Reps. John McDonough and Stanley Rosenberg suggesting new taxes are needed to support services.
- Ten O'Clock News
A day in the budget debate
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Rosenberg, Stan, 1949-
- McDonough, John E., 1953-
- Massachusetts -- Economic policy
- Finneran, Thomas M., 1950-
- Massachusetts. General Court. House of Representatives
- Massachusetts State House (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Finneran, Thomas M., 1950- (Speaker)
- McDonough, John E., 1953- (Interviewee)
- Rosenberg, Stan, 1949- (Interviewee)
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; A day in the budget debate,” 05/21/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 3, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC490DF9802A465B849D87DAA1504FB3.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; A day in the budget debate.” 05/21/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 3, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC490DF9802A465B849D87DAA1504FB3>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; A day in the budget debate. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC490DF9802A465B849D87DAA1504FB3