Antiques Roadshow; Sacramento, CA
Hour 1 - 2 Funder with Chubb, with eBay and with V.L.Y.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Sacramento, CA
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
518: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW travels west to Sacramento, California,where host Dan Elias visits Sutter's Fort, giving viewers a Sacramento history lesson that includes tales of gold fever, cattle rustling, and colonization of Mexican land. Appraisers uncover a wealth of noteworthy items at the Sacramento Convention Center, including an 1864 campaign poster supporting the Union ticket of Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson; a rare and valuable 18th-century Pennsylvania rifle; and a Marion Kavanaugh Wachtel painting, bought at a church bazaar as a vacation memento, now valued at $30,000 to $40,000.
519: When the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW continues its trip to Sacramento, California, host Dan Elias visits the California State Railroad Museum and learns the storied history of the American railroad. Back at the Sacramento Convention Center, ROADSHOW appraisers are thrilled to discover a number of unique items, including a fine pair of bronze horses, a working "Wedgwood" stove from the 1930s, and a linen sea bag with beautiful hand-embroidered needlework valued at $30,000 to $50,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Sacramento, CA,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC04F9098E734A2481B34C931797865B.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Sacramento, CA.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC04F9098E734A2481B34C931797865B>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Sacramento, CA. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BC04F9098E734A2481B34C931797865B