Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Girl in the Train
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Girl in the Train
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Cast upon the world without a penny by his heartless Uncle William, young George Rowland decides to catch a train down to Rowland's Castle, a village which happens to bear his name.
As George sits in the train at Waterloo Station, a young woman throws herself into his compartment, begging him to hide her from a mysterious enemy. George complies and finds himself mixed up in the affairs of the young and beautiful Grand Duchess Anastasia of Catonia.
Entrusted with a small, sealed package George embarks on An Adventure, only to find true love and romance at the end of it plus the forgiveness of an uncle who turns out to have a heart after all.
A tale of young romantic adventure from the pen of Agatha Christie.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Girl in the Train,” 02/20/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBF3CE0B4EA448E78BA38575A60C712A.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Girl in the Train.” 02/20/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBF3CE0B4EA448E78BA38575A60C712A>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Girl in the Train. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBF3CE0B4EA448E78BA38575A60C712A