La Plaza; Pequeno Paraiso - Planeta Terra - Ricardo Camacho
Magazine Ricardo Camacho - Nuestro Pequeno Paraiso - Planeta TierraSTEREO/DOLBY; ( NO ROLL INS)
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Pequeno Paraiso - Planeta Terra - Ricardo Camacho
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
A mini-festival of Latin American film with two choice samples, Planeta Terra, from Brazil, and Our LIttle Paradise, from Uruguay are featured in this program. Also, Ricardo Camacho delights us with a musical offering.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Pequeno Paraiso - Planeta Terra - Ricardo Camacho,” 02/20/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBDCBA09BB1F454E9D509CC5B021C169.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Pequeno Paraiso - Planeta Terra - Ricardo Camacho.” 02/20/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBDCBA09BB1F454E9D509CC5B021C169>.
- APA: La Plaza; Pequeno Paraiso - Planeta Terra - Ricardo Camacho. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBDCBA09BB1F454E9D509CC5B021C169