La Plaza; Orozo Murals At Dartmouth, The
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Orozo Murals At Dartmouth, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Jose Clemente Orozco, (1883-1949), Mexican muralist. Murals on permanent display at Dartmouth College, controversial for their depiction of pre-Columbians as the first settlers of the Americas.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Orozo Murals At Dartmouth, The,” 08/23/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBC14F6D68EF4A419C41AD176DFB159C.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Orozo Murals At Dartmouth, The.” 08/23/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBC14F6D68EF4A419C41AD176DFB159C>.
- APA: La Plaza; Orozo Murals At Dartmouth, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBC14F6D68EF4A419C41AD176DFB159C