Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; World Of Sweet, The
The World of Sweet 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- World Of Sweet, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 37 Sweet doesn’t necessarily just mean dessert—it is a basic flavor element in all types of food in cultures around the world. We’ll attend a traditional Moroccan tea ceremony, complete with amazing sugared pastries, then travel to Shanghai to sample a sweet meat dish. From Morocco to Vietnam to Shanghai, we’ll discover the many uses of sugar and learn why it’s an ingredient we simply can’t live without. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll share the gooey goodness of a homemade marshmallow.
RECIPES Toasted-Coconut Marshmallow Squares
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; World Of Sweet, The,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB2E746D6F80454FAA4C76BB7739AF07.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; World Of Sweet, The.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB2E746D6F80454FAA4C76BB7739AF07>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; World Of Sweet, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB2E746D6F80454FAA4C76BB7739AF07