Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Working with Butter
Simply Ming Joanne Chang & Pastry
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Working with Butter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
904: JOANNE CHANG & PASTRY
IF YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU COULDN’T BAKE BECAUSE IT REQUIRES PRECISION, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. ON THIS EPISODE OF SIMPLY MING, MING SHOWS HOW GRASPING ONE SMALL BUT IMPORTANT RULE CAN ALLOW VIEWERS TO BAKE COUNTLESS DESSERTS WITH JUST A FEW INGREDIENTS IN QUANTITIES YOU CAN EYEBALL. JOINING MING, FABULOUS BOSTON BAKER, JOANNE CHANG, PROVES YOU DON’T NEED RECIPES TO MAKE AMAZING DESSERTS ON THE FLY.
Recipes Joanne Chang's Raspberry-Rhubarb Free Form Crostata Smashed Shumai with Hot and Sour Broth
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Working with Butter,” 09/14/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB27462127054417B8C38646425A1DF0.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Working with Butter.” 09/14/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB27462127054417B8C38646425A1DF0>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Working with Butter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB27462127054417B8C38646425A1DF0