Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; American Capitalism: Challenged at Home and Abroad
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt
- American Capitalism: Challenged at Home and Abroad
- Program Number
- Series Description
Roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs featuring leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. Series was hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt and was filmed on location at Brandies University. Series release date: 1959
- Program Description
Guests: Walter Reuther, president of the United Automobile Workers and president of the CIO Division of the AFL-CIO; Eric A. Johnston, president of the Motion Picture Association, former chairman of the International Development Board, special representative of President Eisenhower to the Middle East, and president of the United States Chamber of Commerce from 1942 to 1946; Paul A. Samuelson, professor of economics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and economic advisor to candidate and President-elect John F. Kennedy; Robert McKenzie, well-known television moderator and a political sociologist at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Erwin D. Canham, Editor of Christian Science Monitor moderates (substituting for Mrs. Roosevelt). Guests discuss whether today's American economic system is one of free enterprise or of mixed economy. They will also analyze the need for more comprehensive planning to strengthen the United States' domestic economy and to enable the U.S. to compete successfully in world markets.
Recorded by WGBH at the WGBH studios on Saturday, September 9, 1961.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Public Affairs
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; American Capitalism: Challenged at Home and Abroad,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB22915D2A8846C3B3DE1A00416BC6FA.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; American Capitalism: Challenged at Home and Abroad.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB22915D2A8846C3B3DE1A00416BC6FA>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; American Capitalism: Challenged at Home and Abroad. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB22915D2A8846C3B3DE1A00416BC6FA