Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series X: The Way through the Woods
Inspector Morse : Series X or 10 The Way Through the Woods Episode 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series X: The Way through the Woods
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast January 30 and February 6, 1997
Steven Parnell, the "Lovers Lane Killer," is dead -- murdered in a prison fight before his trial. Parnell had confessed to killing two young couples and Karen Anderson, a woman on a day-trip to Oxford. Is the case closed? Anderson's body has never been found -- and Morse is convinced that the evidence doesn't add up. Why would Parnell suddenly change his modus operandi, attacking a single woman instead of his usual prey? John Thaw returns as Inspector Morse and Kevin Whately stars as Sergeant Lewis.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series X: The Way through the Woods,” 01/30/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB19CBCD53134C69A635B1ACFD4F1F4D.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series X: The Way through the Woods.” 01/30/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB19CBCD53134C69A635B1ACFD4F1F4D>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series X: The Way through the Woods. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB19CBCD53134C69A635B1ACFD4F1F4D