Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Haleh Esfandiari
Caption Master 6/23/10 La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Lin Manuel Miranda 3222 APT LPMH 240 TC: SD 29.97 DF TRT: 26:46 Anamorphic, CC
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Haleh Esfandiari
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Haleh Esfandiari is the director of the Middle East program at the Woodrow Wilson Center for Scholars in Washington D.C. She is the author or My Prison, My Home and Reconstructed Lives. In 2007, after being falsely accused of plotting against the Islamic Republic, Esfandiari spent 105 days in solitary confinement in Evin, Iran’s most notorious prison. In this conversation with Maria Hinojosa, Esfandiari talks about her incarceration, Iran’s women’s movement and the future of her native country.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Haleh Esfandiari,” 06/23/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BA83E1931B8940B8936AF48B38A2644A.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Haleh Esfandiari.” 06/23/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BA83E1931B8940B8936AF48B38A2644A>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Haleh Esfandiari. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BA83E1931B8940B8936AF48B38A2644A