Ten O'Clock News; Howard Baker opens Mass. campaign
Senator Howard Baker announces opening of his Massachusetts campaign office for Republican presidential nomination. Introduced by Representative William Robinson, house minority leader. Thomas Trimarco. Baker states his view on the United States' relationship with the Soviet Union and the SALT II treaty (Strategic Arms Limitation Talks). He also speaks on energy policy; gas and oil.
- Ten O'Clock News
Howard Baker opens Mass. campaign
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854-)
- Baker, Howard H. (Howard Henry), 1925-
- Energy policy
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Trimarco, Thomas H.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1980
- Political campaigns
- News Report
- Baker, Howard H. (Howard Henry), 1925- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Howard Baker opens Mass. campaign,” 06/28/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B9857F56F4B84D50AF2E88458539492A.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Howard Baker opens Mass. campaign.” 06/28/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B9857F56F4B84D50AF2E88458539492A>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Howard Baker opens Mass. campaign. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B9857F56F4B84D50AF2E88458539492A