Arthur; Arthur’s Family Vacation; Grandpa Dave’s Old Country Farm
head number DFvitc engineer GSJ
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Arthur’s Family Vacation; Grandpa Dave’s Old Country Farm
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Family Vacation: What's got moldy bathrooms, lumpy beds and lots of rain? Arthur's family vacation. (And for this, he missed camp!) But as Arthur discovers, there are fun things to do in the rain. Like visiting alligators, eating fudge and watching happy people on sun-drenched beaches get eaten by sharks (at the movies, that is!). Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm: Arthur and D.W. go to visit their grandfather who lives on a farm. But the visit doesn't turn out as expected, because Grandpa Dave isn't your usual kind of grandfather. What's more, he's finding it harder and harder to keep up with things. Will Grandpa Dave have to give up his farm?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Family Vacation; Grandpa Dave’s Old Country Farm,” 10/05/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 4, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B89F74CDCC624CBEA32A92B9A690C46C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Family Vacation; Grandpa Dave’s Old Country Farm.” 10/05/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 4, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B89F74CDCC624CBEA32A92B9A690C46C>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Family Vacation; Grandpa Dave’s Old Country Farm. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B89F74CDCC624CBEA32A92B9A690C46C