Martha Speaks; Martha The Witness; Martha Takes The Stand
MSPE 132 HD 28:46 6/13/09 DB/MR5 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha The Witness; Martha Takes The Stand
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha the Witness Mrs. Demson hates dogs and blames them for everything, which is a problem since she lives right down the street from Martha. But she changes her tune after Martha witnesses an accident that destroys Mrs. Demson's lawn furniture. Now Mrs. Demson will do anything to get Martha to appear as her witness in court.
Vocabulary: (E) accuse, testify, defendant, plaintiff, objection
(I) describe, answer, question, explain, accident
Martha Takes a Stand Something smells bad and it's Martha. Faced with yet another bath, Martha makes a stand for her right to, well, stink. But if Martha is going to stand up for her rights, Dad says she can do it outside. Will Martha be an outside dog forever?
(E) right, compromise, principle, resolve, option
(I) fair, unfair, give in, freedom, civilized, demand
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha The Witness; Martha Takes The Stand,” 06/13/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B88F597C9C6F42F4A8779CAD1A144ACD.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha The Witness; Martha Takes The Stand.” 06/13/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B88F597C9C6F42F4A8779CAD1A144ACD>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha The Witness; Martha Takes The Stand. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B88F597C9C6F42F4A8779CAD1A144ACD