Frank: A Vietnam Veteran; Memories of the Vietnam War
Part of New Television Workshop.
Fred Simon's intimate portrait of a Vietnam War veteran centers on Frank and his attempts to re-tell his experience during the conflict, and his life once the conflict was over. In this touching sequence, Frank talks about his feelings of guilt, and of wishing he had died during the conflict. Approximate date: 1981
- Frank: A Vietnam Veteran
Memories of the Vietnam War
- Program Description
“The following program is the story of one Vietnam veteran -- his experiences in Vietnam, and what his life has been like since his return home more than ten years ago.” -- opening credits. Intimate, black-and-white documentary consisting of edited, close-up shots of Frank telling his war and postwar experiences, with occasional still shots of photos of Frank as a soldier and civilian. Frank relates the personal feelings he experienced as a naval officer in combat in Vietnam, and his brushes with alcohol and drug abuse after Vietnam. He also describes his struggles with posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975
- Simon, Fred
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- War and Conflict
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Frank: A Vietnam Veteran; Memories of the Vietnam War,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B82570E7DB654020925D0E5CE53E063A.
- MLA: “Frank: A Vietnam Veteran; Memories of the Vietnam War.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B82570E7DB654020925D0E5CE53E063A>.
- APA: Frank: A Vietnam Veteran; Memories of the Vietnam War. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B82570E7DB654020925D0E5CE53E063A