Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms; Introduction
Closed Captioned Master RT: 6:42
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms
- Series Description
Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms is a library of nine videotapes and supporting print publications designed to illustrate effective examples of inquiry-based science teaching at the elementary school level. Produced by WGBH Educational Foundation with a grant from the National Science Foundation, Investigating Classrooms provides a resource for professional develoment, allowing teachers toexamine a range of flexible models for inquiry-based teaching and the promotion of scientific discourse. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
Series description: WestEd; WGBH-TV; the Museum of Science, Boston; the Education Development Center; and Horizon Research, Inc. have produced a video collection and accompanying print materials entitled Teachers as Learners: Professional Development in Science and Mathematics.
These materials are based upon the book Designing Professional Development for Teachers of Science and Mathematics by Susan Loucks-Horsley, Peter Hewson, Nancy Love, and Kathy Stiles. The tapes provide images of a variety of professional development for teachers of science and mathematics for grades K-12.
Designed primarily to catalyze and inform discussion, the video collection includes 18 videotapes. The purpose of the collection is to inspire those who design teacher learning experiences to reflect on elements of effective practice and consider enhancements in their own programs.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- White, Kathy (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms; Introduction,” 01/29/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 15, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B8020AB34EE64E84B1978367CF5E0FEF.
- MLA: “Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms; Introduction.” 01/29/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 15, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B8020AB34EE64E84B1978367CF5E0FEF>.
- APA: Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms; Introduction. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B8020AB34EE64E84B1978367CF5E0FEF