Peep And The Big Wide World; Count Them Out; Peep Prints
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00 Count Them Out (ep 38a)/ Peep Prints (ep 33b)
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Count Them Out; Peep Prints
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 38 (38A/33B) COUNT THEM OUT OKAY, SO YOU HAVE A LARGE COLLECTION, BUT NO WAY OF KNOWING HOW LARGE, EXACTLY. WHAT'S A COLLECTING FIEND (LIKE CHIRP) TO DO?
INTERSTITIAL: THREE KIDS, TWO GRAHAM CRACKERS. HOW CAN THE KIDS DIVIDE UP THIS SNACK FAIRLY SO THAT EACH KID GETS THE SAME AMOUNT? YUM, SOME NICE FRESH BLUEBERRIES, TOO. EACH KID SHOULD GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF BLUEBERRIES. IT’S NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK.
PEEP PRINTS THE BIRDS DISCOVER YOU CAN MAKE PRINTS WITH BERRY JUICE. (QUACK DISCOVERS THAT DUCK PRINTS MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK GOOD.)
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE PAINTING. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO PAINT WITH THINGS OTHER THAN BRUSHES? A JUICE BOX WITH PAINT ON IT MAKES NICE SHAPES. SO DO OTHER THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE. PRINTING IS LIKE PAINTING, BUT IT HELPS THE KIDS MAKE THE SAME SHAPE MORE THAN ONCE.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Count Them Out; Peep Prints,” 01/27/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B7FA42E645BF46D5A610DAE2ED3949AE.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Count Them Out; Peep Prints.” 01/27/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B7FA42E645BF46D5A610DAE2ED3949AE>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Count Them Out; Peep Prints. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B7FA42E645BF46D5A610DAE2ED3949AE