Arthur; For The Birds; War Of The Worms
D-Beta, green label broadcast master, mix tracks. “For the Birds” and “War of the Worms.”
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- For The Birds; War Of The Worms
- Program Number
1204; 151A; 1207; 151B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
"For the Birds" Brain dreams of being the first to spot a rare bird species called the green-tailed grebe. When Mr. Ratburn starts a bird-watching club at school, Brain is panicked! What if someone finds the grebe first and ruins his chances at fame and fortune? Or, can Brain learn that nature is a gift meant for everyone to share?
War Of The Worms: Brain is always taking the fun out of Fern's storytelling by correcting her facts. She decides to teach him a lesson by spinning a tall tale that he can't help but believe. But things gets out of hand, when Fern convinces Brain that there really are giant worms attacking Elwood City!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; For The Birds; War Of The Worms,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B76DF4A5D2C343D5B7004A396E8D0A9A.
- MLA: “Arthur; For The Birds; War Of The Worms.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B76DF4A5D2C343D5B7004A396E8D0A9A>.
- APA: Arthur; For The Birds; War Of The Worms. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B76DF4A5D2C343D5B7004A396E8D0A9A