Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series V: Rumpole and the Bubble Reputation
for PBS fix only - not for air
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rumpole of the Bailey, Series V: Rumpole and the Bubble Reputation
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Trials, tribulations and adventures of the feisty barrister Horace Rumpole. Rumpole is delighted when he is invited by "The Daily Beacon" to defend their editor in a libel suit. Amelia Nettleship denies there is any truth in the scandalous newspaper report. Claude Erskine Brown finds himself in trouble after visiting a strip joint called the Kitten-a-Go-Go Club.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series V: Rumpole and the Bubble Reputation,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B753F0C6508444429721218B35BE3465.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series V: Rumpole and the Bubble Reputation.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B753F0C6508444429721218B35BE3465>.
- APA: Mystery!; Rumpole of the Bailey, Series V: Rumpole and the Bubble Reputation. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B753F0C6508444429721218B35BE3465