Degrassi Talks; Alcohol
Playing With Time Inc. Non-Commercial Version
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Degrassi Talks
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 1992. After the "School's Out" film some of the Degrassi actors took part in an educational documentary named Degrassi Talks. There are six talks, each devoted to a specific subject and hosted by one of the actors. The topics include Abuse, Alcohol, Depression, Drugs, Sex, and Sexuality. Each episode is hosted by an actor. AmandaStepto hosts the Sex talk, Neil Hope discusses Alcohol, Rebecca Haines discusses Abuse, Pat Mastroianni hosts the Depression talk, Siluck Saysanasay hosts the drugs talk, and Stacie Mistysyn hosts the sexuality talk. Series release date: 1992
- Program Description
" A lot of teens drink. In fact 74% of Canadian teenagers use alcohol. I'm Neil Hope. In the Degrassi series I played the character Wheels. Both Wheels and I have had our lives changed by alcohol. Wheels lost his parents due to a drunk driving accident. I lost my real father to an alcoholic disease. "You'd think my decision to stay away from alcohol would be an easy one. It's not. Pressures to drink are everywhere. "We have travelled around the country to find out how Canadian teenagers are dealing with the issue - to drink or not to drink."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- CBC Television (Series Producer)
- Playing For Time Inc. (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Degrassi Talks; Alcohol,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B73186BB3BC4476D8EAE4BFB2CEDA2E5.
- MLA: “Degrassi Talks; Alcohol.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B73186BB3BC4476D8EAE4BFB2CEDA2E5>.
- APA: Degrassi Talks; Alcohol. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B73186BB3BC4476D8EAE4BFB2CEDA2E5