Arthur; Arthur’s Chicken Pox ; Sick as a Dog
WGBH EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Chicken Pox ; Sick as a Dog
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Chicken Pox: The circus is in town! The whole family's excited--Father gets tickets, Mother gets film for the camera, and Arthur gets... CHICKEN POX! (Yuk.) Will he recover in time? Or will D.W. get to torment him forever? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Sick as a Dog: Arthur's worst fears come true when poor, sick Pal has to sleep overnight at the Vet's. It's D.W.'s fault, he's sure. Or could it have something to do with the hot dogs and Halloween candy Arthur's been feeding him?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Chicken Pox ; Sick as a Dog,” 10/05/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B6F9C1D205B94B58B3A46E859509F0A6.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Chicken Pox ; Sick as a Dog.” 10/05/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B6F9C1D205B94B58B3A46E859509F0A6>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Chicken Pox ; Sick as a Dog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B6F9C1D205B94B58B3A46E859509F0A6