Ten O'Clock News; Arab students discuss the war
Interviews with Arab students at local college. They discuss the prejudice they experience and their conflicting loyalties in the Persian Gulf war. They say people should not be targeting Arabs, Muslims, or Iraqis in general, but Saddam Hussein.
- Ten O'Clock News
Arab students discuss the war
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Hussein, Saddam, 1937-2006
- Persian Gulf War, 1991
- News Report
- Marks, Alexandra (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Arab students discuss the war,” 01/22/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B6A297E97B9F4A10BD8DE33146F3CCB5.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Arab students discuss the war.” 01/22/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B6A297E97B9F4A10BD8DE33146F3CCB5>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Arab students discuss the war. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B6A297E97B9F4A10BD8DE33146F3CCB5