Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maricel Presilla
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Maricel Presilla WGBH Master Show #3006
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Maricel Presilla
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
This Cuban-born Ph.D. in Medieval History and chic restaurateur is on a quest to define Latin American cuisine. Over the years Presilla has traveled the ancient markets of Latin America as well as the its most upscale contemporary restaurants. The result is a collection of recipes for Latin American food steeped in history but with an eye to the future. Her work begs the question: what is the meaning of Latino food in the 21st century United States?
NOTE: The 2XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 30XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 204
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maricel Presilla,” 02/12/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B69B879EE7DE47AC822143D5BF982CC1.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maricel Presilla.” 02/12/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B69B879EE7DE47AC822143D5BF982CC1>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maricel Presilla. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B69B879EE7DE47AC822143D5BF982CC1