Group, The; Censorship, Violence, and Entertainment
10/21/93 Censorship, Violence, and Entertainment
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Group, The
- Censorship, Violence, and Entertainment
- Series Description
Nightly public affairs roundtable featuring rotating group of Boston area residents discussing topics drawn from the news. Each program will open with a short produced piece introducing the topic, then join the discussion in progress. No host, panelists are drawn from group of 30-40 people from all walks of life in the Boston community.
SERIES PREMIERED NOV 1991; DISCONTINUED AS OF JAN 1996 Series release date: 11/1991
- Program Description
Panelists: William Abbott, National Foundation to Improve Television; Louis Menand III, Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts; Ronald Slaby, senior scientist, Education Development Center; Stephen Mindich, publisher, The Boston Phoenix and owner, WFNX-fm; Ellen Goodman, columnist, The Boston Globe.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Local Communities
- Mayer, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Group, The; Censorship, Violence, and Entertainment,” 10/21/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B61441519C95446DB7684B3C2746632D.
- MLA: “Group, The; Censorship, Violence, and Entertainment.” 10/21/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B61441519C95446DB7684B3C2746632D>.
- APA: Group, The; Censorship, Violence, and Entertainment. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B61441519C95446DB7684B3C2746632D