Mystery!; Dalgliesh: Unnatural Causes
Unnatural Causes - REPACK Closed Caption Master Episode 1 60 min.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Dalgliesh: Unnatural Causes
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
In addition to investigating a puzzling crime, Adam Dalgliesh, played by Roy Marsden, falls in love with a book publisher, played by Mel Martin. A corpse found floating in a dinghy at sea turns out to be that of crime writer Maurice Seton. The body has been horribly mutilated--its hands severed at the wrist. Investigating the bizarre death, Commander Adam Dalgliesh is drawn into an increasingly macabre murder case and a currency scam. In the coastal village where Seton lived, Dalgliesh discovers that the victim had more enemies than friends, and all of them have strong motives for wishing him dead. As the case takes hold, Dalgliesh's dedication to duty threatens a rekindled love affair and puts his girlfriend's life at risk. When Deborah returns to her hotel room, she discovers an intruder bent on robbery. Luker goes to Digby to try to persuade him to find the incriminating photographs. A vital clue is found in a marsh. Trapped in raging flood waters with the insane killer, Dalgliesh has to fight for his own life.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Dalgliesh: Unnatural Causes,” 07/02/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B5AF464DF035459EA8A0707ECFC41BB8.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Dalgliesh: Unnatural Causes.” 07/02/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B5AF464DF035459EA8A0707ECFC41BB8>.
- APA: Mystery!; Dalgliesh: Unnatural Causes. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B5AF464DF035459EA8A0707ECFC41BB8