La Plaza; Pancho Villa and Other Stories
Pancho Villa and Other Stories: acquisition program
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Pancho Villa and Other Stories
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
A remarkable oral history account of one of Mexico's most revered and controversial figures: Pancho Villa. At the center of Pancho Villa & Other Stories are the personal stories of men and women who were witnesses to the Mexican Revolution (1910-20).
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Pancho Villa and Other Stories,” 03/01/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B51B718EF9CF4DB7B5FC95CC6AEDF9B6.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Pancho Villa and Other Stories.” 03/01/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B51B718EF9CF4DB7B5FC95CC6AEDF9B6>.
- APA: La Plaza; Pancho Villa and Other Stories. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B51B718EF9CF4DB7B5FC95CC6AEDF9B6