Evening at Pops; Oscar Peterson
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Oscar Peterson
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
In tonight's performance with John Williams tha the Boston Pops, Peterson jazzes it up at the piano when he plays "Canadiana Suite," "Body and Sourl" and "Sweet Georgia Brown,"
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Oscar Peterson,” 12/23/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B51908E05D3B4CFDA99B7EAE5996A3AC.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Oscar Peterson.” 12/23/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B51908E05D3B4CFDA99B7EAE5996A3AC>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Oscar Peterson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B51908E05D3B4CFDA99B7EAE5996A3AC