Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams
16:9 version , EE master , uncaptioned
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Vanessa Williams
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
In this star-powered episode, EVENING AT POPS welcomes the incomparable Grammy Award-winning Vanessa Williams, conductor Keith Lockhart's guest for a tribute to landmark black Broadway musicals and their performers. Known for her award-winning pop songs, Vanessa has also starred in several Broadway musicals including Kiss of the Spider Woman and Into the Woods. The Boston Pops Orchestra accompanies Vanessa for a tribute to black musicals featuring "Beat Out Da Rhythm On A Drum" from Carmen Jones; "Taking A Chance On Love" from Cabin in the Sky; "Come Rain Or Come Shine" from St. Louis Woman; and more. As special encores, Vanessa delights the audience with her hits "Colors Of The Wind" and "Save the Best for Last."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B443456077644F1A859FBE96FCED01F0.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B443456077644F1A859FBE96FCED01F0>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Vanessa Williams. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B443456077644F1A859FBE96FCED01F0