La Plaza; Marjorie Agosin: Poet of the Silent
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Marjorie Agosin: Poet of the Silent
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
La Plaza profiles Wellesley professor Marjorie Agosin, a visionary Chilean poet. Marjorie gives us insight into the turmoil and human drama behind a decade of political oppression and disappearances in Latin America. Her powerful work includes many essay and poetry books that illustrate the struggle of women in Latin America. Join us for readings of her haunting work, and discover the driving forces behind the artist.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Marjorie Agosin: Poet of the Silent,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B4106F3A199B421184842DB58E4B36AD.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Marjorie Agosin: Poet of the Silent.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B4106F3A199B421184842DB58E4B36AD>.
- APA: La Plaza; Marjorie Agosin: Poet of the Silent. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B4106F3A199B421184842DB58E4B36AD