Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grand Prizeless Grand Finale, The
DTO (download-to-own) Master iTunes Version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Grand Prizeless Grand Finale, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 GRAND FINALE Ruff is horrified at the prospect that he may GO TO JAIL for stealing the FETCH! Grand Prize. Has Ruff has been FRAMED? There's a lot of evidence implicating Ruff--there's a note, there's DNA evidence... but the show must go on, and Ruff needs to plan for the show's future, since he might be doing some hard time. Ruff devises some games to determine the ideal replacement host while he's in the joint. The kids compete in a series of elimination games to become the FETCH grand champion, and maybe even the new FETCH host!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grand Prizeless Grand Finale, The,” 06/19/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B3767FF927964B478A7028DC6F371ED4.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grand Prizeless Grand Finale, The.” 06/19/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B3767FF927964B478A7028DC6F371ED4>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Grand Prizeless Grand Finale, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B3767FF927964B478A7028DC6F371ED4