Evening at Pops; Ricky Skaggs
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Ricky Skaggs
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
EVENING AT POPS welcomes Grammy-award winning Ricky Skaggs for an evening of classic bluegrass music -- and unmatched talent. Joining conductor Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra, Ricky and his own acoustic band will share highlights from his 30 year career -- and captivate with his rousing renditions of "Highway 40 Blues," "Soldier of the Cross," and "Road to Spencer," and other favorites. Tune in for an unbeatable night of down-home bluegrass with one of America's greatest musical icons.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Ricky Skaggs,” 06/11/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B32B9040ED6E4663A37FD73373298FA8.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Ricky Skaggs.” 06/11/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B32B9040ED6E4663A37FD73373298FA8>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Ricky Skaggs. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B32B9040ED6E4663A37FD73373298FA8