Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal II With Lydia Shire
Version 1 Anatomy of a Meal II with Lydia Shire
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Anatomy Of A Meal II With Lydia Shire
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Lydia Shire is a legend in her own time, a true culinary pioneer who featured offal on the menu at the Boston's legendary Locke Ober Restaurant at a time when nobody ate entrails or the internal organs of animals. Now that the rest of the world has caught up, this truly intrepid chef is on a new mission: to counter the no-fat, no-fun fad that encourages eliminating butter, meat, and salt from our diets. Shire believes in the enjoyment of rich, full flavors, and advocates using only the finest quality ingredients from only the best sources. In this episode we will experience Diane St. Clair's rich, creamy Vermont butter; sweet Maine lobsters direct from the Atlantic Ocean; and the freshest cuts of meats from Lobel's Butcher Shop in New York City. Discover the world of this truly passionate chef as we take the rare opportunity to visit Shire at home as she uses these fine products to prepare an intimate Sunday family dinner.
RECIPES Chimichurri Sauce Grilled Sweetbreads Lobster Stew Parmesan Sauce Super-Prime Côte de Boeuf
Exclusive Stanley Speaks Meat Stanley Lobel is a master butcher and coauthor, most recently, of Lobel's Meat and Wine: Great Recipes for Cooking and Pairing. Peek at his thoughts on shopping for rib-eye steaks, the color of god fat, and why meat tastes better near the bone.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal II With Lydia Shire,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B2F44EFDF379434B988C538D747ACA27.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal II With Lydia Shire.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B2F44EFDF379434B988C538D747ACA27>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal II With Lydia Shire. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B2F44EFDF379434B988C538D747ACA27