Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Greeks Bearing Gifts
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series VII: Greeks Bearing Gifts
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast April 7 and 14, 1994
When the chef at Sergeant Lewis's favorite Greek restaurant is killed, the Greek community in Oxford closes ranks. As Morse and Lewis try to unravel the complicated case, they get little cooperation from the tightly knit community. Morse feels more at home with Oxford's other Greek connection-- the classical scholars--and discovers to his surprise that there could be a link between the two worlds and the murder. A videotape of a cultural tour to Greece provides a surprising clue to the mystery. Morse meets with his Oxford friend Jerome Hogg, who admits he knew the victim. Maria's baby is stolen from its carriage. Morse speaks with Randall Rees, the husband of TV reporter Friday Rees, who tells Morse he thinks the dead man was spying.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Greeks Bearing Gifts,” 12/11/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B29D83C73B6142EF915CE3641583B612.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Greeks Bearing Gifts.” 12/11/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B29D83C73B6142EF915CE3641583B612>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Greeks Bearing Gifts. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B29D83C73B6142EF915CE3641583B612