Arthur; Hide and Snake; D.W.’s Library Card
Tr. 1-2 Full Mix Stereo, Tr. 3 SFX Mono, Tr. 4 Dialogue Mono
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hide and Snake; D.W.’s Library Card
- Program Number
67A - 67B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
402: Hide and Snake: The kids capture a snake and learn that it's possibly poisonous-but only after it gets lost in Arthur's house! Can they find the snake before Arthur's parents discover their slippery little secret?
401: D.W.'s Library Card: When D.W. discovers that she can get her own library card, she rejoices at the world of books waiting for her. (Now if only she could sign her name to get the card in the first place...) This show will be the centerpiece of an outreach effort to highlight library resources and activities.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Hide and Snake; D.W.’s Library Card,” 07/14/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B284DB9F028041AA8D6AE05057E93C8C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Hide and Snake; D.W.’s Library Card.” 07/14/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B284DB9F028041AA8D6AE05057E93C8C>.
- APA: Arthur; Hide and Snake; D.W.’s Library Card. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B284DB9F028041AA8D6AE05057E93C8C