Peep And The Big Wide World; Finding Time; Smaller Than A Peep
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast on DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Finding Time; Smaller Than A Peep
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 35 (30a/37a) Finding Time Here's the good news: Quack is turning into a duck-fish! Here's the bad news: it's a little hard to prove.
Interstitial: The kids are playing Hide and Seek. Now, the thing about hide and seek is that whoever is “it”, has to count. Not too fast, though. How can the kids make their counting more even?
Smaller Than A Peep Peep discovers a magnifying glass, which comes in handy when he ALSO discovers a tiny, lost thing named…Me.
Interstitial: The back yard is full of plants and insects and very small things. The kids take a closer look at leaves, a blade of grass and all kinds of things to see textures, colors and surfaces that they never noticed before.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Finding Time; Smaller Than A Peep,” 11/25/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B2212D851AA745C8A58FB92A1466F708.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Finding Time; Smaller Than A Peep.” 11/25/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B2212D851AA745C8A58FB92A1466F708>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Finding Time; Smaller Than A Peep. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B2212D851AA745C8A58FB92A1466F708