Ten O'Clock News; Commission on the Status of Women
Press conference held by the Governor's Commission on the Status of Women. Margaret Berry reports on their findings that Governor Ed King's budget has adverse effects on women in the Commonwealth. After they reported that information to Governor King, he disbanded the commission. They take questions from the press. Other members of the Commission, Barney Frank, Saundra Graham, and others make statements, criticizing King's actions. Sonya Hamlin, Sen. Alan Sisitsky.
- Ten O'Clock News
Commission on the Status of Women
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Women's rights
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Press conference
- Frank, Barney, 1940-
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006
- News Report
- Wu, Janet (Reporter)
- Frank, Barney, 1940- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Commission on the Status of Women,” 04/02/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B1B5479559F14CB5A2584CC965192C43.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Commission on the Status of Women.” 04/02/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B1B5479559F14CB5A2584CC965192C43>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Commission on the Status of Women. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B1B5479559F14CB5A2584CC965192C43