Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; China: One Billion Foodies
Version 1 China: One Billion Foodies
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- China: One Billion Foodies
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Welcome to China, the world's oldest continuing civilization, where the unbreakable bond of food, culture, and history is the subject of legends. Straddled between old and new, the country strives to preserve ancient food traditions, while satisfying a hungry middle class with modern techniques and trendy restaurants. From the rural countryside to the urban epicenters of Beijing and Shanghai, we'll explore Chinese cuisine in its authentic form. One thing is for certain: it's much more than Kung Pao Chicken or Moo Goo Gai Pan.
RECIPES Drunken Chicken with Rice-Wine Granita Five-Spice Fortune Cookies Noodles with Pork and Hot Bean Sauce Snow Peas with Sichuan Preserved Vegetable Stir-Fried Asparagus with Oyster Sauce Stir-Fried Mushrooms with Soy and Rice Wine
Exclusive Chinatown Five Frequent Gourmet contributor and Asian cooking expert Bruce Cost pinpoints five items for your Chinatown shopping list.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Wok With Me Culture Shock Kitchen Warriors
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; China: One Billion Foodies,” 08/11/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B196A15FD2014B81B74B696E8221E1D8.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; China: One Billion Foodies.” 08/11/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B196A15FD2014B81B74B696E8221E1D8>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; China: One Billion Foodies. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B196A15FD2014B81B74B696E8221E1D8