Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Dead of Jericho
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series I: The Dead of Jericho
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast February 4 and 11, 1988
Morse takes a shine to fellow choir member Anne Stavely. He is shattered when she is found dead in her home--apparently from suicide. The pathologist reveals that Anne was pregnant when she died. Morse's instincts tell him it's not the suicide it appears to be. Several suspects emerge including: George Jackson, an unpleasant peeping Tom who shows an unhealthy interest in Anne's private life and Patrick, a neurotic young music student who had a curiously dependent relationship with Anne.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Dead of Jericho,” 09/22/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B19431CDFF8C4ADBAD57CD20C3F80205.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Dead of Jericho.” 09/22/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B19431CDFF8C4ADBAD57CD20C3F80205>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Dead of Jericho. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B19431CDFF8C4ADBAD57CD20C3F80205