Ten O'Clock News; Abandoned housing in Dorchester
Interviews with Dorchester residents on Dorchester Fair Share's effort to get HUD or city of Boston to sell vacant properties to people who would rehabilitate them and pay taxes. B-roll of abandoned house on Bowdoin Street, Dorchester. Trashed interior. Other houses with boarded up windows.
- Ten O'Clock News
Abandoned housing in Dorchester
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Urban planning
- United States. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
- Dorchester (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Stoia, Judy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Abandoned housing in Dorchester,” 08/19/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B17BBA9F1ABC4267B22F2A4C05D0CBD1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Abandoned housing in Dorchester.” 08/19/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B17BBA9F1ABC4267B22F2A4C05D0CBD1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Abandoned housing in Dorchester. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B17BBA9F1ABC4267B22F2A4C05D0CBD1