Arthur; Arthur vs The Piano; The Big Blow-Up
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur vs The Piano; The Big Blow-Up
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur vs. the Piano: "Local Boy Wrecks Concert!" "Bad, Bad Musician!" These are the headlines Arthur can all-too-easily imagine, after he gets stage fright during a rehearsal. Now he's terrified of playing to another audience. Will he be able to get through his recital without any mistakes? Or should he just move far, far away?
The Big Blow-Up: When two very opinionated friends butt heads, look out! Can Francine and The Brain put aside their differences (their "rancor," as Brain would describe it) for the good of the soccer team? Probably not--so Arthur and Buster decide to "write" some wrongs.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur vs The Piano; The Big Blow-Up,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B17928CFFDE94D34B3CEA680EDA7F46E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur vs The Piano; The Big Blow-Up.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B17928CFFDE94D34B3CEA680EDA7F46E>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur vs The Piano; The Big Blow-Up. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B17928CFFDE94D34B3CEA680EDA7F46E