Arthur; Arthur’s Birthday; Francine Frensky, Superstar
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Birthday; Francine Frensky, Superstar
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Birthday: Only four more days until Arthur's birthday party! But to Arthur's horror, it turns out Muffy's having her birthday party on the very same day. Muffy quickly raises the stakes--anyone who doesn't go to her party can't be her friend. Can Arthur find a solution that will make everyone happy? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Francine Frensky, Superstar: Now that Francine finally has the lead in a school play, she's has become a stage tyrant. Moments before curtain, Francine's stardom has completely gone to her head. Can the show still go on?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Birthday; Francine Frensky, Superstar,” 10/04/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B14EB77D6F474ACF8D0470152846B718.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Birthday; Francine Frensky, Superstar.” 10/04/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B14EB77D6F474ACF8D0470152846B718>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Birthday; Francine Frensky, Superstar. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B14EB77D6F474ACF8D0470152846B718