Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: The Nursing Home Murder
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: The Nursing Home Murder
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Sir Derek O'Callahan, a prominent cabinet minister, has been receiving letters threatening his life. During a noisy debate in parliament Sir Derek collapses and is rushed to the hospital. His wife begs Sir John Phillips, a prominent surgeon and family friend, to perform an emergency operation. Inspector Alleyn is summoned by Lady O'Callaghan and given evidence of a possible murder. An autopsy on the victim points to the poison. John Phillips, Sir Derek's surgeon, becomes a likely suspect in the murder and when Inspector Alleyn confronts him, he confesses to having sent a threatening letter to Sir Derek. Nurse Harben, who was once the mistress of Sir Derek, has gone missing. Nurse Banks reveals to Dr. Roberts that the police are investigating the death as a possible murder.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: The Nursing Home Murder,” 03/26/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B14001D68D5D42E59BF9B2A49B393112.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: The Nursing Home Murder.” 03/26/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B14001D68D5D42E59BF9B2A49B393112>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Alleyn Mysteries: The Nursing Home Murder. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B14001D68D5D42E59BF9B2A49B393112