Simply Ming; Oyster Sauce/ Hen Of The Woods
Oyster Sauce and Hen of the Woods Mushrooms with Iris Tsai Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Oyster Sauce/ Hen Of The Woods
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Iris Tsai Oyster sauce and Hen of the Woods mushrooms are the ingredients Ming uses for his simple "All-In-One Pot" recipes in this episode. Using these east and west ingredients, Ming crafts a simple Beef, Mushroom and Broccoli Stir Fry. Simplicity is key when Ming demonstrates how to make a Lobster and Hen of the Woods Mushroom Stir-Fry prepared with a wok to lock in the dish's flavor. Very special guest chef (and Ming's Mom!) Iris Tsai visits the studio to make her tasty one-pot Scallop, Mushroom, and Red Pepper Stir Fry.
Recipes: Beef, Mushroom and Broccoli Stir Fry
Lobster and Hen of the Woods Mushroom Stir-Fry
Steamed Contessa Colossal Shrimp Stuffed with Hen of the Woods Mushroom Duxelles
Iris Lee Tsai's Scallop, Mushroom, Red Pepper Stir-Fry
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Oyster Sauce/ Hen Of The Woods,” 10/27/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B1226B2F469543EFA25A1C0EF5297033.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Oyster Sauce/ Hen Of The Woods.” 10/27/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B1226B2F469543EFA25A1C0EF5297033>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Oyster Sauce/ Hen Of The Woods. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B1226B2F469543EFA25A1C0EF5297033