Peep And The Big Wide World; Daring Duck, A; Trouble with Bubbles, The
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00 A Daring Duck (ep 39b)/ The Trouble with Bubbles (ep 36b)
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Daring Duck, A; Trouble with Bubbles, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 39 (39B/36B) A DARING DUCK QUACK VOWS TO EAT HIS HAT IF CHIRP FINDS A WAY TO FLY ACROSS HIS POND. (CARE TO MAKE A BET?)
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE ON THE PORCH ON THE SECOND FLOOR. IT’S A GOOD PLACE TO DROP THOSE SPINNING MAPLE TREE SEED POD THINGS. WHAT ELSE CAN THE KIDS DROP? THEY USE LEAVES AND THINGS TO MAKE PARACHUTES FOR THEIR TOYS AND THEN THEY WATCH THEM FALL.
THE TROUBLE WITH BUBBLES QUACK DISCOVERS BUBBLES, BUT FOR SOME REASON ONLY HE CAN SEE THEM. IS HE FINALLY FLIPPING OUT (AS CHIRP SUSPECTS)?
INTERSTITIAL: SOAPY WATER IS GOOD FOR WASHING TOYS AND DISHES AND THINGS, BUT IT ALSO CAN MAKE BUBBLES! THE KIDS USE SOME THINGS THEY FIND TO MAKE DIFFERENT SIZES OF BUBBLES. WILL A SQUARE SHAPED THING MAKE SQUARE BUBBLES?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Daring Duck, A; Trouble with Bubbles, The,” 01/27/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B0DD4B8C7900412B81B41B96A9168D31.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Daring Duck, A; Trouble with Bubbles, The.” 01/27/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B0DD4B8C7900412B81B41B96A9168D31>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Daring Duck, A; Trouble with Bubbles, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B0DD4B8C7900412B81B41B96A9168D31