Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; Citizen Frensky
Tracks 1-2 Full Stereo Mix, Tracks 3-4 Music and Effects Stereo Mix
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; Citizen Frensky
- Program Number
606; 607; 92
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
607: The Boy with His Head in the Clouds: All the kids know that George is smart -- so why does he sometimes have trouble reading and writing? With a little help from others with dyslexia like Principal Haney ... and Leonardo DiVinci! ... George and the gang discover that learning happens in all different ways.
606: Citizen Frensky: After visiting The Elwood City Times, Francine decides to start her own paper -- The Frensky Star! The tabloid, complete with embarrassing photos and sensationalized headlines, is a smashing success ... until all her friends stop speaking to her.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; Citizen Frensky,” 09/12/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B078335777034C85942D816BA53FA6B5.
- MLA: “Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; Citizen Frensky.” 09/12/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B078335777034C85942D816BA53FA6B5>.
- APA: Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; Citizen Frensky. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B078335777034C85942D816BA53FA6B5